Our House System underpins the Positive Behaviour Policy at Middleton Park School and is used to reward the positive attitude and sustained effort displayed by learners in school and outside of school:
• Children are assigned to one of four Houses when they start at Middleton Park School: Coldwell House, Crawford House, Melrose House and Mills House.
• Each House has its own colour: Coldwell House – Blue, Crawford House – Green, Melrose House – Red and Mills House – Yellow.
• House points are earned by children for their House.
• A visual record is on display at the front of the school.
• Primary 7 children are elected as the House Captains and encourage their House to earn House points by displaying positive behaviour, manners and work ethic, to help others and to be positive role models to others in school. They total the points each week and announce them at our weekly “Get Togethers”.
• Each term the winning House gets to choose a reward. At the end of the year the House with the most points will win the House Trophy.
• Brothers and sisters will be in the same House.